Can I Lay Down and Read Quran? This is the topic that this article will address, and it is one of the important jurisprudential rulings that every Muslim, male and female, should know, as the Holy Qur’an is considered a comprehensive approach to the Islamic nation.
It clarifies all the rulings related to worship and obligatory duties, just as reading the Qur’an It is one of the best actions that a Muslim can do to gain a reward from the Lord of the Worlds, and through this article, we will learn about Can I Lay Down and Read the Quran?
can I lay down and read Quran?
If you’re wondering about Can I Lay Down and Read the Quran? here’s the answer It is permissible for a Muslim to read the Qur’an while lying on his bed, whether he is on his right or left side, or he is lying on his back, because Allah Almighty says:
الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ قِيَاماً وَقُعُوداً وَعَلَى جُنُوبِهِم
There is no doubt that reciting the Qur’an from the remembrance of Allah, rather it is the best of it, and nothing has been reported to prevent reciting while lying on the left side or on the stomach as far as we know. Knowing that lying on the stomach is not legal.
Hint: Dive deep into the teachings of the Quran with the Intensive Quran Course, a comprehensive program that covers Quranic recitation, memorization, and interpretation.
can I read Quran in bed?
Can I read Quran in bed? one of the most frequently asked questions, as It is permissible for a person to read from the book of Allah – the Almighty – while he is lying on his back, and they quoted as evidence what Allah Almighty said:
فَإِذَا قَضَيْتُمُ الصَّلاةَ فَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ قِيَاماً وَقُعُوداً
Al-Tabari mentioned the authority of Ibn Juraij in the interpretation of this verse: “It is the remembrance of Allah in prayer and in non-prayer, and the reading of the Qur’an,” as reading the Qur’an is one of the greatest types of remembrance.
And it is one of the desirable things that those who do it are rewarded and those who leave it are not held accountable, other than That a believing Muslim who desires a great reward does not stop reciting the Noble Qur’an until he attains high ranks with Allah Almighty.
can you read Quran on phone while lying down?
Completing the answer to the question Can I Lay Down and Read the Quran? It is permissible for a Muslim to read the Qur’an from his mobile phone while he is lying on the bed or on the floor, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, as he considers reading the Qur’an to be the greatest dhikr.
Just as the verse indicates that a Muslim can read from the Book of Allah whether he is standing, sitting, or lying down.
Al-Bukhari and Muslim narrated that the Prophet – may Allah bless him and grant him peace – used to lean on Aisha’s lap and read the Qur’an, as Al-Nawawi – may Allah have mercy on him – said in Sahih Muslim’s explanation:
“In it is the permissibility of reading the Qur’an lying down and reclining,” in addition to the fact that the reward for reading the Qur’an from the mobile phone will not decrease.
About the reward for reading it from the Mushaf, just as it is permissible for a Muslim to read the Qur’an from the phone without ablution, because he does not touch the Mushaf, and he has the reward and reward.
Hint: Master the Art of Qiraat with this comprehensive Quran Qiraat course! Learn from expert Quran reciters and tajweed scholars, and take your recitation to the next level.
What are the rules of reading Quran correctly?
After we got acquainted with the answer Can You Lay Down and Read the Quran? Is it permissible, here are some etiquette that must be observed while reciting the Noble Qur’an:
- It is desirable to purify and ablution before reading.
- It is better for him to face the qiblah when reciting it because it is the most honorable direction. If he does not face the qiblah, there is nothing wrong with that.
- To seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the accursed, and to recite In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, if he starts from the beginning of the surah.
- He pledges to recite regularly and not to cause him to forget, and he should not go a day without reciting something from the Qur’an so that he does not forget it and does not abandon the Mushaf.
- Not interrupting the reading with words that are useless, and avoiding laughter, confusion, and speaking, except for words that are forced to do.
- To improve his voice in reciting the Qur’an as much as he can.
- To respect the Mushaf, not to put it on the ground, not to place anything on it, not to throw it at its owner if he wants to give it to him, and not to touch it unless it is clean.
- Choosing the appropriate place, such as the mosque or a place in his house, away from obstacles, concerns, and confusion
- Choosing the right time when Allah manifests Himself to His servants and the outpourings of His mercy descend upon it.
- The most beneficial form of reading is that which is done during prayer. Outside of prayer, the best time to read is at night, specifically the latter half of the night. During the day, the best time to read is after the Fajr prayer.
- Repeating the verse to ponder and be influenced by it
- Crying during recitation, especially when reading the verses of torment or going through its scenes, when he brings up the scenes of the resurrection and the events of the Hereafter and the manifestations of horror in it, then he notices his shortcomings and negligence.
- The listener of the Qur’an must follow all the previous etiquette and add to it good listening, good listening, reflection, and good reception, and not only open his ears but all his feelings and sensations.
Looking for the Best English Tafseer to deepen your understanding of the Quran? Check out our comprehensive guide to find the right one for you.
In conclusion, this article has discussed the permissibility of reading the Quran while lying down (can I lay down and read quran?) . We have learned that reading the Quran is one of the greatest acts of worship that a Muslim can perform, and that there is no explicit prohibition against doing so in a lying position. However, there are some etiquettes that should be observed when reading the Quran in this way, such as purifying oneself with ablution, facing the qiblah, and seeking refuge in Allah from Satan, the accursed. Ultimately, the best way to read the Quran is in a way that is most comfortable and conducive to one’s own spiritual growth.
Is listening to Quran while sleeping haram
There is no embarrassment for a Muslim to listen to the Qur’an or read it on the bed.
Explore the nuanced debate on whether Does Reading the Quran in English Count holds the same spiritual weight as reading it in Arabic.