Do you wish to get the highest-known certificate in the Quran? Here’s your opportunity! Quran House Academy is an Online Quran teaching platform and one of the best Ijazah course websites. We offer you the best guide to getting an Ijazah online.
In this article, we will discuss the Ijazah certificate from a to z. We will cover the most important aspects of the Ijazah, its meaning, its types, steps, and prerequisites. Moreover, we will answer your commonly asked questions in a simple way.
Here we will learn the following:
- What Is Ijazah in the Quran?
- What Is The History of Ijazah?
- What Are The Types of Ijazah?
- How To Get Ijazah In Quran Memorization / Hifz?
- How To Get Ijazah In Tajweed And Quran Recitation?
- The Importance of Ijazah
- What Are The Prerequisites To Ijazah?
- Steps to Getting An Ijazah Certificate Online?
- Who Can Give Ijazah?
- Do You Need An Ijazah To Teach?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Meaning of Ijazah?
Ijazah is an Arabic noun derived from the verb ‘Ajaza’ which means to give permission or certify. Thus the word ‘Ijazah’ means a certificate, authorization, or an accredited license to teach and certify others in the knowledge of a specific field.
The term Ijazah is usually used to denote a license in Islamic studies. This license is given by an already licensed person in this field of knowledge ‘Mujeez’ to an advanced learner ‘Mujaz’.
What Is Ijazah in the Quran?
Ijazah in Quran is a specific certificate given to advanced Quran learners after mastering Quran recitation, tajweed, and sometimes memorization. This Ijazah enables a learner to step forward and become a teacher who is authorized to certify others in the Quran as well.
This creates a chain of certified people. Each one was taught by another certified teacher till we go back to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Jibril, and finally Almighty Allah (SWT).
Ijazah in Quran is considered a valuable and great level of Quran knowledge, where its holders are considered highly authorized in teaching the Quran.
Note: You can join our Ijazah Course online: Ijazah Course – Now You Will Deliver A Flame Of Light You’ve Received To Your Ummah
What Is The History of Ijazah?
The History of Ijazah is very old, it goes back to the time of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
In the case of the Quran Ijazah, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had taught a group of his companions. Each companion taught several students who became teachers themselves. Each teacher taught a number of students at the same time.
Imagine the same text is being taught by several teachers to several students in several chains (Sanad) where they all agree on exactly the same verses. This is how the Quran was mainly transferred and preserved from corruption overages.
However, The term Ijazah was not used at the time of The Prophet, it was used later on when the number of isnads and students dramatically increased.
What Are The Types of Ijazah?
There are several types of Ijazah according to the fields of Islamic studies specifications. In the case of the Quran, there are mainly two types of Ijazah:
- Quran Recitation and Tajweed Ijazah
This Ijazah certifies the student in Quran recitation according to Tajweed rules. The Mujaz student should have perfected his Arabic pronunciation, mastered Tajweed rules, and practiced Quran recitation well enough.
- Quran Memorization Ijazah
This certificate is given to a student who has memorized the Quran by heart and is able to recite it perfectly without mistakes. He should also recite the Quran perfectly according to Tajweed.
It is worth mentioning that the student can get Ijazah in several Qira’at at a time. Quran House Academy offers a set of advanced Ijazah courses in Qira’at, enroll now to learn more.
How To Get Ijazah In Quran Memorization / Hifz?
To get Ijazah in Quran memorization, you should recite the whole Quran from cover to cover by heart without reading from a Mushaf in front of an Ijazah-certified Sheikh in Quran memorization. Your recitation should be based on Tajweed, correct pronunciation, and perfect Hifz.
At the end of Ijazah sessions, your Ijazah-certified Sheikh would give you Ijazah if you were qualified and met the Ijazah standards.
If you wish to start your Ijazah in Quran recitation and memorization, we offer you an online Ijazah course at Quran House Academy.
How To Get Ijazah In Tajweed And Quran Recitation?
To get Ijazah in Quran recitation and Tajweed, you should recite the whole Quran perfectly and based on Tajweed and good recitation in front of an Ijazah-certified Sheikh in Quran recitation and Tajweed.
After you complete the Ijazah sessions, your Sheikh will certify you if you were qualified and met the Ijazah standards.
If you wish to join one of the Tajweed Ijazah courses, enroll now in Quran House academy to immediately start your sessions.
The Importance of Ijazah – Why Get an Ijazah?
Getting Ijazah is important for individuals and the Islamic community as a whole. It is actually necessary that a number of Muslims get Ijazah for the following reasons:
- It helps Muslim individuals to learn Quran online or offline from a highly authentic source.
- It helps Quran teachers to gain higher authority and confidence in teaching the Quran.
- It helps students perfect their Quran recitation and Hifz.
- It makes you feel as if you directly learned the Quran from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). This keeps you connected to him and following his Sunnah.
- It guarantees the continuity of sanad and thus, the proper transmission of the Quran to the next generations.
- It is worth a great reward from Allah (SWT).
What Are The Prerequisites To Ijazah?
Ijazah is a highly advanced certificate given to highly qualified Quran students. Thus, it requires certain prerequisites:
- Learn to pronounce Arabic correctly, probably through studying the Noorani Qaida.
- Learn practical and theoretical Tajweed rules.
- Learn the rules for Qira’at, whether a single or multiple Qira’at.
- Master the Quran memorization/Hifz (If it is a Quran memorization Ijazah).
What Are The Steps to Get Ijazah Certificate Online?
Here are the steps required for you to get Ijazah in the Quran:
1. Fulfill the Ijazah requirements or prerequisites.
2. Enroll in one of the online Quran platforms specified for holding Ijazah sessions.
3. Pick an Ijazah program and choose a certified teacher in the field of your Ijazah.
4. Set a suitable study plan for your Ijazah sessions and follow up with your teacher.
5. Recite the whole Quran upon your Sheikh (according to the type of Ijazah, Qira’at included,…etc.) and let him correct you.
6. In the end, your teacher will decide if you are qualified enough to get Ijazah.
7. Finally, when you get Ijazah, congrats! You will be authorized to teach the Quran and issue Ijazah certificates for others as well.
Who Can Give Ijazah?
There are special requirements for the person to get Ijazah in the first place and give Ijazah to others:
- He/She should be truthful, honest, and highly trusted.
- He/She should follow the Quran and Sunnah.
- He/She should have pure intentions for the sake of Allah (SWT).
- He/She should be highly qualified in the field of the Ijazah.
Do You Need An Ijazah To Teach?
You don’t necessarily need an Ijazah to teach the Quran. However, you should be highly qualified and well-educated in Quran recitation and Hifz. Actually, these conditions are only guaranteed if you hold an Ijazah certificate.
An Ijazah certificate holder is for sure authorized and able to teach the Quran, while a non-Ijazah holder may and may not be highly qualified.
Thus, if you want to teach the Quran, try to get an Ijazah to raise your teaching authority.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Is a Sanad In Quran?
Sanad is the term used to describe the chain of people holding true, authentic, and authorized knowledge from its original source till nowadays.
This sanad or chain of people is getting longer as long as people are learning and getting the authorized certificate, the Ijazah.
To further illustrate this concept, let us imagine we have teacher X who taught his student Y who became an authorized teacher himself and taught his student Z, and so on. We will have a known chain of people till we reach the original source of this knowledge.
Why Is Isnād So Important?
Isnad or Sanad is so important as it preserves the purity of the original knowledge where it avoids corruption or alteration in the original text or reference.
Retrospectively, It also helps Muslim scholars trace back the sanad to reach the original source of such text, so that if there is a known fabricator or a lier in between the sanad, the text may be rejected as in the case of Dai’f Hadith. (You can join our Hadith Online Course With Azhari Tutors to learn more about such ahadiths.)
What Is Matn In Islam?
Matn is the term used to refer to the text itself being transferred from one to another. In the case of the Quran Ijazah, it refers to the Quranic verses that are taught by an Ijazah-certified teacher to his student.
What Is The Difference Between Sanad and Matn?
The difference between Sanad and Matn is clear. Sanad is the chain of people transferring a certain text; namely the matn. They both go together, none can stand alone without the other.
For example, If I told person X: “I love Quran”, and person X told person Y the same text “I love Quran”. Then the sanad would be Me, person X, then person Y respectively. While the matn would be the transferred text itself: “ I love the Quran”.
Conclusion | How To Get An Ijazah Online?
Getting an Ijazah online is one of the best experiences you may have in your learning journey. It is suitable, convenient, and time-saving.
Ijazah is the most advanced Quran with the Tajweed certificate given to highly qualified Quran students by their already certified teachers. It gives its holder the complete authority to teach the Quran and issue Ijazah certificates for others.
Thus, Ijazah helps in the perseverance of the sanad and matn of the Quran and its proper transfer to the following generations.
Getting an Ijazah requires a few steps. If you wish to get an Ijazah online, join our online Ijazah course at Quran House Academy and enjoy the best learning experience.