Together, these verses provide profound insights into the nature of divine guidance, the flexibility of Islamic law, and the central role of Allah’s authority in all aspects of life.
Ayat 106: Abrogation (Naskh) in the Quran This verse addresses the concept of abrogation, where Allah may replace or cause a verse to be forgotten and bring forth a better or similar one. It emphasizes Allah’s supreme wisdom and capability to make such changes. The concept of abrogation demonstrates that Allah’s guidance is dynamic and can adapt to different circumstances and times.
Ayat 107: Sovereignty of Allah This verse emphasizes the sovereignty of Allah over the heavens and the earth. It reminds the reader that there is no guardian or helper besides Allah, underscoring the idea of Tawheed (the oneness of Allah) and the absolute dependence on Him.
Surah baqarah ayat 106 107 in Arabic and English:
- Arabic: مَا نَنسَخْ مِنْ آيَةٍ أَوْ نُنسِهَا نَأْتِ بِخَيْرٍ مِّنْهَا أَوْ مِثْلِهَا ۗ أَلَمْ تَعْلَمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
- English Translation: “If We ever abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten, We replace it with a better or similar one. Do you not know that Allah is Most Capable of everything?”
- Meaning: This verse refers to the concept of abrogation (Naskh) in the Quran, where Allah may replace a command with a better or similar one, emphasizing His supreme capability.
- Arabic: أَلَمْ تَعْلَمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ مِن وَلِيٍّ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ
- English Translation: “Do you not know that the kingdom of the heavens and the earth belongs ˹only˺ to Allah, and you have no guardian or helper besides Allah?”
- Meaning: This verse emphasizes the sovereignty of Allah over the heavens and the earth, and that there is no guardian or helper besides Him.