Surah Al-Baqarah Ayat 32 is a significant verse in the Quran that reveals the humility and wisdom of the angels in acknowledging their limitations in knowledge.
Surah al baqarah ayat 32 in Arabic:
قَالُوا۟ سُبْحَٰنَكَ لَا عِلْمَ لَنَآ إِلَّا مَا عَلَّمْتَنَآ ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ ٱلْعَلِيمُ ٱلْحَكِيمُ
Surah al baqarah 32 english:
“They said, ‘Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise.'”
Surah al baqarah ayat 32 in transliteration:
Qālū sub-ḥānaka lā ‘ilma lanā illā mā ‘allamtanā, innaka antal-‘alīmul-ḥakīm.
Hint: Introduce your children to the art of Tajweed with engaging and interactive online Tajweed classes designed specifically for kids. Lay the foundation for a lifelong connection with the Quran through beautiful recitation.
Surah baqarah ayat 32 benefits:
Surah Al-Baqarah Ayat 32 is a profound verse that carries significant meanings and benefits for those who reflect upon it. Here are some of the benefits and lessons that can be derived from this verse:
- Humility in Knowledge: The verse teaches the importance of recognizing one’s limitations in knowledge and understanding. It encourages humility and the acknowledgment that all knowledge comes from Allah.
- Pursuit of Divine Wisdom: By understanding that all wisdom and knowledge originate from Allah, believers are encouraged to seek knowledge and wisdom through study, reflection, and prayer.
- Understanding of Allah’s Attributes: The verse highlights Allah’s attributes as the All-Knowing (Al-‘Alīm) and the Wise (Al-Hakīm). It helps in understanding the perfection and completeness of Allah’s knowledge and wisdom.
- Moral and Ethical Guidance: The response of the angels in this verse serves as a model for how believers should approach knowledge and wisdom. It teaches respect, reverence, and the importance of seeking knowledge with the right intention.
- Connection with the Creation of Adam: This verse is part of the narrative about the creation of Adam and the knowledge bestowed upon him by Allah. It helps in understanding the special status of human beings and their potential for knowledge and wisdom.
- Inspiration for Scholars and Students: Scholars and students of knowledge can find inspiration in this verse to pursue their studies with humility, recognizing that true understanding comes from Allah.
- A Reminder of Dependence on Allah: The verse serves as a reminder that human beings are dependent on Allah for all things, including knowledge and understanding. It encourages reliance on Allah and seeking His guidance in all matters.
- Enhancing Faith and Trust in Allah: Reflecting on this verse can enhance faith and trust in Allah’s wisdom and plan. It reassures believers that Allah’s knowledge encompasses all things, and His wisdom is perfect.
- A Source of Comfort: For those facing uncertainty or confusion, this verse can be a source of comfort, reminding them that Allah’s wisdom and knowledge are beyond human comprehension, and He is the best guide.
- A Call to Reflect and Ponder: Like many verses in the Quran, Surah Al-Baqarah Ayat 32 invites readers to reflect and ponder upon its meanings, leading to a deeper understanding of oneself and one’s relationship with Allah.
In summary, Surah Al-Baqarah Ayat 32 is a rich and multifaceted verse that offers valuable insights and benefits for personal growth, spiritual development, and a deeper understanding of Islamic teachings. It serves as a timeless lesson in humility, the pursuit of knowledge, and the recognition of Allah’s infinite wisdom and knowledge.