This article is dedicated to discussing Surah Al-Waqiah’s lessons and benefits. We will start with Surah Al-Waqiah lessons, then we will move forward to discuss Surah Al-Waqiah benefits. The article will also show some of the allegedly claimed benefits of Surah Al-Waqiah. We will answer some of the questions related to Surah Al-Waqiah as well. To follow this article and get its utmost benefit, read our Comprehensive Tafseer Of Surah Al-Waqiah Verse By Verse.
The Main Theme of Surah aWaqiah:
Surah Al-Waqiah is one of the great Makki Surahs that were revealed to teach the Islamic faith in a simple, strong, and comprehensive way. Surah Al-Waqiah Maksud is the demonstration and proof of the fifth pillar of faith; which is the belief in the day of judgment. The day of judgment is one of the unseen events that a Muslim should believe in. However, it requires a strong faith in Allah and a great ‘Yaqeen’ (undoubtful belief) to believe in.
Surah Al-Waqiah provides the panacea for every Muslim, yet every human being to have ‘Yaqeen’ in the day of judgment.
Memorize the Quran at your own pace with the Quran Memorization Course, a program that provides personalized guidance and support to help you memorize the Quran.
Surah Waqiah Benefits:
Surah Al-Waqiah has many benefits that are related to its recitation and reflection on its verses. No doubt, every Surah in the Quran is special and handles a specific meaning that is worth proper reflection. However, one should never allegedly claim a benefit from himself that is not mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah.
1. Protection from Poverty
The Hadith’s Emphasis
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has been reported to say that whoever recites Surah Al-Waqiah every night will never encounter poverty. This Hadith underscores the Surah’s protective qualities against financial hardship.
- Consistent Recitation: The Hadith emphasizes the importance of reciting this Surah regularly.
- Spiritual Shield: The Surah serves as a spiritual shield against poverty.
- Empirical Observations: Many individuals have reported experiencing financial stability after incorporating this practice into their daily lives.
Introduce your children to the art of Tajweed with engaging and interactive online Tajweed classes designed specifically for kids. Lay the foundation for a lifelong connection with the Quran through beautiful recitation.
2. Abundance and Prosperity
The “Surah of Wealth”
Surah Al-Waqiah is often referred to as the “Surah of Wealth” due to its role in bringing about financial abundance and prosperity. The Surah is believed to have a profound impact on one’s financial well-being when recited with sincerity and understanding.
Table: Benefits of Reciting Surah Al-Waqiah for Prosperity
|Believers often experience an increase in lawful earnings.
|Business owners have reported growth and prosperity.
|Peace of Mind
|The Surah brings a sense of financial security and peace of mind.
- Holistic Prosperity: Not just material wealth, but also emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Community Impact: The prosperity extends to the community when individuals are financially stable.
- Alignment with Islamic Principles: The Surah encourages earning through lawful means, aligning with Islamic teachings on ethical financial practices.
Help your kids connect with their faith with the Online Quran Classes for Kids, a program that makes learning the Quran accessible and enjoyable for young learners.
3. Spiritual Enlightenment Through Surah Al-Waqiah
Guiding the Believer on the Right Path
Surah Al-Waqiah is not merely a tool for financial well-being; it also serves as a spiritual compass. The Surah provides insights into the nature of life, death, and the Hereafter, thereby helping believers stay on the path of righteousness.
- Moral Integrity: The Surah emphasizes the importance of ethical conduct and moral integrity.
- Spiritual Awareness: It awakens a sense of spiritual responsibility, reminding believers of the transient nature of worldly possessions.
- Divine Connection: Regular recitation fosters a stronger connection with Allah, enhancing spiritual resilience.
4. Insights into Jannah and Jahannam
Surah Al-Waqiah provides a vivid description of Heaven, portraying it as a place of eternal bliss and reward for those who lead a righteous life. It serves as a motivational tool, encouraging believers to adhere to Islamic teachings for the ultimate reward.
Table: Features of Jannah as Described in Surah Al-Waqiah
|A life free from sorrow and hardship.
|Access to gardens, rivers, and palaces.
|Eternal closeness to Allah.
Conversely, the Surah also provides a stern warning about the horrors of Hell, which awaits those who stray from the path of righteousness. It serves as a deterrent, encouraging believers to avoid sinful behavior.
Table: Features of Jahannam as Described in Surah Al-Waqiah
|A life filled with unending torment.
|Extreme conditions like fire and boiling water.
|Separation from Allah’s mercy.
- Balanced Perspective: The Surah offers a balanced view of both reward and punishment, serving as a comprehensive guide for spiritual conduct.
- Moral Choices: It emphasizes the consequences of one’s actions, encouraging ethical decision-making.
- Eternal Implications: The descriptions of Jannah and Jahannam highlight the eternal implications of our earthly choices.
5. Fostering a Closer Relationship with Allah Through Surah Al-Waqiah
Deepening Faith and Spiritual Connection
Reciting Surah Al-Waqiah is not just a ritualistic practice but a means to deepen one’s relationship with Allah. The Surah’s profound teachings on life, death, and the Hereafter serve as constant reminders of Allah’s omnipotence and mercy.
- Mindfulness: The Surah encourages a state of spiritual mindfulness, making one more aware of Allah’s presence in everyday life.
- Prayer and Supplication: It serves as a catalyst for more heartfelt prayers and supplications, enhancing one’s spiritual dialogue with Allah.
- Faith Reinforcement: The Surah’s teachings act as pillars that reinforce faith, making it unwavering even in times of hardship.
6. Benefits for the Hereafter: The Shade of a Tree in Jannah
Narrations and Promises
Islamic narrations promise immense rewards in the Hereafter for those who regularly recite Surah Al-Waqiah. One such promise is the shade of a tree in Jannah, a significant blessing considering the eternal nature of the afterlife.
Table: Narrations Concerning the Shade of a Tree in Jannah
|“Whoever recites Surah Al-Waqiah will be blessed with the shade of a tree in Jannah.”
|“The recitation of this Surah is a means to attain blessings in the Hereafter, including the shade of a tree in Paradise.”
- Eternal Comfort: The shade of a tree in Jannah symbolizes eternal comfort and peace.
- Spiritual Investment: Regular recitation is akin to making a long-term spiritual investment for the Hereafter.
- Divine Reward: The promise of such a reward reflects Allah’s boundless mercy and the high regard for this Surah within Islamic teachings.
7. Stress and Anxiety Relief Through Surah Al-Waqiah
Alleviating Worldly Worries
In today’s fast-paced world, stress and anxiety are common ailments that affect both the mind and body. Surah Al-Waqiah serves as a spiritual remedy for these issues, particularly those related to financial matters.
- Psychological Comfort: The Surah provides a sense of psychological comfort by reminding believers of Allah’s omnipotence and control over all affairs, including financial ones.
- Cognitive Reframing: It helps in shifting the focus from worldly worries to spiritual growth and eternal life, thereby reducing stress.
- Emotional Resilience: The Surah’s teachings can build emotional resilience by instilling a sense of hope and trust in Allah’s plan.
8. The Power of Daily Recitation
As Advised by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) advised the Ummah to recite Surah Al-Waqiah every night. This practice is not just a spiritual exercise but a holistic approach to well-being.
Table: Benefits of Daily Recitation of Surah Al-Waqiah
|As previously discussed, the Surah is known for providing protection against poverty.
|Daily recitation helps in keeping the believer on the right path, as outlined earlier.
|Closer Relationship with Allah
|It fosters a deeper connection with the Divine, enhancing one’s faith.
|The Surah provides a sense of calm and peace, alleviating stress and anxiety.
|Promises rewards like the shade of a tree in Jannah.
- Consistency: The benefits are most pronounced when the Surah is recited consistently, as advised by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- Holistic Well-being: The daily recitation addresses various facets of life—financial, spiritual, emotional, and psychological.
- Divine Connection: This practice serves as a nightly rendezvous with the Divine, strengthening one’s relationship with Allah.
Discover effective strategies for Quran memorization in our insightful article on How To Memorize The Quran And Never Forget It?.
Surah Al-Waqiah Lessons:
Surah Al-Waqiah has many important lessons that are worth proper understanding.
In the following paragraphs, we will discuss some of the fundamental lessons of Surah Al-Waqiah.
1. The Day of Judgment Is Inevitable
Surah Al-Waqiah started by calling the day of Judgment ‘Al-Waqiah’. As we previously discussed in Surah Al-Waqiah Tafseer, ‘Al-Waqiah’ means the inevitable event that will no doubt happen. This fact should be obvious to every Muslim. This lesson teaches Muslims they should believe in the unseen told by Allah (SWT) more than they believe in what they already see and feel.
At the beginning of Surah Al-Baqara, Allah describes the true pious believers saying that their first trait is:
“(they) believe in the unseen…”(Quran 2:3)
2. The Day of Judgment Is Hard Except For True Believers
Surah Al-Waqiah started by demonstrating the hard events that will occur on the day of judgment. This lesson teaches Muslims that according to their degree of belief and their level of righteous deeds, they will not encounter these hardships.
Allah (SWT) says in the Quran that those who did good in life will not encounter the fear of the day of judgment: “They will not be grieved by the greatest terror, and the angels will meet them, [saying], “This is your Day which you have been promised” (Quran 21:2)
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) stated that there will be certain people on the day of judgment who will be shadowed by sun. (Riyad as-Salihin 376)
He (PBUH) also said that the amount of sweat will be according to one’s deeds in life.
“The people then will be submerged in perspiration according to their deeds, some up to their ankles, some up to their knees, some up to the waist and some will have the bridle of perspiration (reaching their mouth and nose)”(Riyad as-Salihin 402)
3. Will Get Their Rewards According to What They Did in Life
Surah Al-Waqiah classified people into three groups and stated their descriptions. In addition, it clarified their reward or punishment. This lesson teaches people to be aware of their beliefs and deeds as this will define their state in the hereafter in their eternal life.
4. Allah (SWT) Raises People from Death as He Created Them in The First Place
Allah (SWT) provided clear proof of the inevitability of the day of judgment. He (SWT) stated brief examples of how He (SWT) created life from nothing.
Muslims should look around in ponder, realize the power of Allah (SWT) in His creation, and reflect upon His verses.
Allah (SWT) says in the Quran: “Do they not look into the realm of the heavens and the earth and everything that Allāh has created and [think] that perhaps their appointed time has come near?” (Quran 7: 185)
5. Nobody Can Ever Return a Dead One
Dead people cannot be returned after death as Allah says in the Quran:
“But never will Allāh delay a soul when its time has come”(Quran 63:11)
This indicates people should be aware of their deeds and be careful to repent whenever they do wrong. It could actually be your last chance while you are unaware of it.
It also shows Allah (SWT) is the owner of all these souls and to Him they will return at the end. If souls were in the hands of someone other than Allah, he would be able to return them. In fact, no one ever could.
6. The Quran Is Highly Authentic and Truthful
Surah Al-Waqiah ended up with a couple of beautiful verses about the authenticity of the Quran. Allah (SWT) asks people in exclamation are they in doubt of these Quranic verses?
The Quran is the revelation of Allah (SWT) to mankind. It is an undoubtful, authentic, highly purified, and truthful book. The Quran is your practical manual that is authored by The One who created you and everything. Allah says in the Quran:
“Then do they not reflect upon the Qur’ān?1 If it had been from [any] other than Allāh, they would have found within it much contradiction.”
Whenever you get a command or even reports or news from this authentic, dignified, and glorious book, follow, believe, and submit.
When to Read Surah Al-Waqiah?
Timing as Advised by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH): Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) specifically advised the Ummah to recite Surah Al-Waqiah during the night. The emphasis on nighttime recitation is significant for several reasons.
- Spiritual Atmosphere: The tranquility of the night enhances the spiritual experience, making the recitation more impactful.
- Focused Recitation: The absence of daytime distractions allows for a more focused and meditative recitation.
- Alignment with Sunnah: Nighttime recitation aligns with the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), who was known for his extended night prayers (Tahajjud).
Table: Additional Timing Options for Recitation
|After Obligatory Prayers
|Reciting the Surah after the five daily prayers can also be beneficial.
|During Moments of Anxiety
|The Surah can be recited during stressful situations for immediate relief.
|Before Important Decisions
|Some choose to recite it when seeking divine guidance before making significant life decisions.
benefits of reading surah waqiah after maghrib
Financial and Spiritual Benefits
As discussed earlier, Surah Al-Waqiah is known for its financial and spiritual benefits. Reciting it after Maghrib can be a strategic way to seek these benefits.
Table: Benefits of Reciting Surah Al-Waqiah After Maghrib
|The Surah is known for providing protection against poverty and financial hardship.
|It offers guidance on ethical and spiritual matters, helping the believer stay on the right path.
|The Surah’s teachings can alleviate stress and anxiety, particularly those related to financial matters.
Consistency and Routine
Establishing a routine of reciting Surah Al-Waqiah after Maghrib can help in maintaining consistency, which is crucial for reaping the Surah’s full benefits.
- Ease of Routine: Maghrib is an obligatory prayer that Muslims already perform daily; adding the Surah to this routine can make it easier to maintain.
- Cumulative Benefits: Consistent recitation amplifies the benefits over time, both in this world and the Hereafter.
Can Surah Al-Waqiah Be Recited in the Morning?
While the Hadith and traditional Islamic teachings emphasize the benefits of reciting Surah Al-Waqiah at night, particularly after the Maghrib or Isha prayers, there is no strict prohibition against reciting it in the morning. The Quran is a source of guidance and blessings at all times of the day and night. Therefore, you can certainly recite Surah Al-Waqiah in the morning if you wish.
Benefits of Morning Recitation
Starting the Day with Spiritual Focus: Reciting Surah Al-Waqiah in the morning can set a spiritual tone for the rest of the day.
Financial Blessings: Given that one of the key benefits of this Surah is financial stability, reciting it in the morning could be a way to seek Allah’s blessings for the day ahead.
Flexibility for Those Who Cannot Recite at Night: For individuals who may find it challenging to recite the Surah at night due to work commitments or other reasons, morning recitation offers a flexible alternative.
While morning recitation is beneficial, the specific benefits attributed to nighttime recitation, as per the Hadith, may not be fully applicable.
It’s essential to approach the recitation with the proper intention (niyyah) and humility, regardless of the time of day.
Final Thoughts About The Benefits and Lessons of Surah al-Waqiah
Surah Al-Waqiah is a great surah of the Quran. It includes many lessons such as the inevitability of the day of judgment, the different classes of people according to their deeds, the authenticity of the Quran, and many others.
Surah Al-Waqiah also includes benefits related mainly to reflecting upon its meaning and recitation. However, there are many falsely claimed benefits that are not based on the Quran or authentic Sunnah.
Explore the diverse scholarly views on the permissibility of can i ead quran during my period?. Understand the nuances of this topic in Islamic jurisprudence.