The month of Shaban is the eighth month of the Islamic calendar. Although it is neglected month, it is very precious and it was the most beloved month for the messenger of Allah.
Table of Contents
The month of Shaban 2023 in Islam
Sha’ban is the eighth month in the Hijri calendar. It is the month that follows the holy month of Rajab and proceeds the holy month of Ramadan. Sha’ban is the month of worship because our deeds are liften up to Allah in the month of Sha’ban.
What is the importance of Shaban month in Islam?
Sha’ban is a very important and precious month for many reasons. One of these reasons is that the messenger of Allah used to fast in Sha’ban as Aishah said. Another reason is that Allah raises the deeds of his servants in Sha’ban. The messenger of Allah loved for his deeds to be raised to Allah when he was fasting. In addition worship in Sha’ban helps Muslims to train themselves for Ramadan as it is difficult to start fasting in Ramadan but fasting in Sha’ban helps you to train yourself mentally and physically for fasting Ramadan so fasting Ramadan will be easier.
Here are the best Quran Courses:
Fasting in the month of Shaban
Fasting in Sha’ban is very special and precious. The messenger of Allah used to fast in Sha’ban more than fasting in any other month. The messenger of Allah said “It is a month where people tend to neglect, between the month of Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which deeds are raised to Allah and I love for my deeds to be raised while I am fasting.”
Fasting days in the month of Shaban
The days the prophet fasted in Sha’ban is more than the days he fasted in any other lunar month except Ramadan which he fasted completely. The prophet used to fast most of Sha’ban.
Nowadays, it is difficult to fast for many days as the prophet used to do. We can fast the days the prophet loved to fast. These days are Mondays and Thursdays so we prefer fasting these days.
Fasting these days is very precious for many reasons
1. Our deeds are raised to Allah on Mondays and Thursdays and it is great for our deeds to be raised when we are fasting
2. The gates of paradise are flung open on Mondays and Thursdays.
3. On Mondays and Thursdays, Allah forgives Muslims except two who have abandoned one another
There are other days in which fasting is preferred. These days are 13th, 14th, 15th of the lunar month. These days are called bright day as the moon is full and circular. The messenger of Allah fasted the bright days consistently.
Fasting the bright days has many values
1. The Messenger of Allah commanded us to fast on the bright days of every lunar month.
2. The messenger of Allah committed to fasting on the bright days whether he was a resident or traveling.
3. The messenger of Allah said that fasting the bright days is equivalent to fasting the whole month.
Virtues of fasting in the month of Sha’ban
Fasting in Sha’ban is very precious. It has many virtues as follow
1. Deeds are liften up to Allah in Sha’ban and it is great for our deeds to be liften up when we are fasting.
Osama ibn Zaid (ra) said “O messenger of Allah, I do not see you fasting any month as much as Sha’ban” the prophet said “ that is a month people neglect between Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which deeds are raised to Allah and I love for my deeds to be raised while I am fasting “
2. Muslims mostly neglect fasting in Sha’ban as it follows Rajab in which they fast many times and proceeds Ramadan which they fast completely although Sha’ban was the most beloved month of fasting for the messenger of Allah. The messenger of Allah said ” Rajab is the month of Allah, Sha’ban is my month and Ramadan is the month of my ummah”
3. The messenger of Allah loved fasting in Sha’ban more than fasting in any other lunar month so fasting in Sha’ban is a way to express our love for the prophet’s sunnah. Fasting in Sha’ban also expresses that we want to be close to the prophet hereafter. The prophet said ” and whoever loves my sunnah has loved me and whoever loves me will be with me in paradise”
Here are the best Arabic Learning Courses:
Benefits of fasting in the month of Sha’ban
- It is better to make up the missed fard fasts from last Ramadan before another Ramadan comes in Sha’ban.
On the authority of Aishah (ra) who said ” sometimes I missed some days of Ramadan but couldn’t fast in lieu of them except in the month of Sha’ban”
- When we fast Sha’ban, we train ourselves for fasting Ramadan, the month of obligatory fasting.
Anas (ra) said ” the prophet (saw) was asked ” which fast was more virtuous after Ramadan” he said “Sha’ban in honor of Ramadan”
Here are the best Tafsir-related Articles that You can enjoy:
|What Is Tafseer?|
|Surah Yusuf Benefits|
|What is Surah Al-Waqiah?|
|Surah Al-Waqiah Benefits|
|Surah Maryam Benefits|
|Best English Tafseer|
|How To Learn Quran Tafseer?|
|Benefits of Surah Al-Fatihah|
Hadith on fasting in the month of Sha’ban
There are many hadith that tell about fasting Sha’ban and how much fasting in Sha’ban is very precious.
1. Mu’adh Ibn Jabal said the prophet said “Allah looks down at His creation on the middle night of Sha’ban and He forgives all of His creatures except for an idolater or one filled with malice”
2. Anas (ra) said that the prophet Muhammad was asked “which fast is more virtuous after Ramadan” the prophet Muhammad said “Sha’ban in honor of Ramadan”
3. Aishah said ” the prophet would fast until we said he will never break his fast and he did not fast until we said he would never fast. I did not see the prophet complete an entire month of fasting except for Ramadan and I did not see him complete more voluntary fasts than in the month of Sha’ban.
Dua for the month of Sha’ban
You have to make advantage of the month of Sha’ban. You can ask Allah whatever you want and you must give up any sin you commit. Dua for the month of Sha’ban
- O Allah, if you have not forgiven us in the past of Sha’ban, please forgive us in the rest of it.
- O Allah, I beseech you for ease at the time of death and forgiveness at the time of reckoning.
- O Allah, bless us in Rajab and Sha’ban and let us reach Ramadan.
- O Allah, I seek refuge in your pleasure from your anger, and in your forgiveness from your punishment, and I seek refuge in you from you. I can not praise you enough, you are as you have praised yourself.
Sha’ban is a great month. It is a month in which you can be more close to Allah. You also can express your love and respect to the prophet Muhammad.